Charlotte is one of the 25 largest cities in the U.S. and the largest city in North Carolina. Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte and its resident county are named in honor of Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the queen consort of British King George III during the time of the city's founding.
Nearly 800,000 live and work in the Charlotte community and the City provides services to much of this population. The City’s focus areas are Housing and Neighborhood Development, Community Safety, Transportation, Economic Development and the Environment.
Charlotte consistently ranks as one of the top growing cities and is the home to more than 10 Fortune 1000 companies, including household names such as Bank of America, Lowe's and Wachovia Corp. Charlotte is also home to the Carolina Panthers of the NFL, the Charlotte Hornets of the NBA, the NASCAR Hall of Fame and the U.S. National Whitewater Center.
Other amenities that make Charlotte a great place to live and work include numerous higher learning organizations, cultural centers and health care facilities.
Check out some of the best reasons to be in the Queen City. Did you know? Charlotte ...
- Ranks 1st among top 10 cities with the best employee engagement (Forbes)
- Ranks 2nd among 25 largest cities for most desirable place to purchase a home (Nerdwallet.com)
- Ranks 2nd in the best areas for job-seeking college graduates (Careerbliss.com)
- Is the 5th fastest growing metro from 2000-2012 of the 52 largest metro areas (US Census)
- Ranks 6th among top 10 hot cities for IT jobs in 2013 (Modis, Inc.)
- Ranks 7th among the top Spring Break destinations for families (Livability.com)
- Is one of the top 10 cities for newlyweds to live and work (Rent.com)
- Ranks 8th among the top 10 big booming cities (CNNmoney.com)
- Ranks 9th among top 50 cities with the most job openings per capita (Beyond.com)
- Is among the top 20 best cities for businesses and careers (Forbes.com)
- Ranks 9th among the top moving destinations of all cities (Penske Truck Rental)
- Is the 17th largest city in the U.S. in total population
- Is a top 10 city for urban forests (American Forests)
- Has been named “Tree City” for 33 consecutive years by the National Arbor Day foundation
- Is home of ImaginOn, the top ranked children’s museum in the country (Livability.com)
*Information provided by charlottenc.gov
Search Charlotte Homes for Sale
Based on information submitted to the MLS GRID as of Dec 9, 2019 5:18:pm. All data is obtained from various sources and may not have been verified by broker or MLS GRID. Supplied Open House Information is subject to change without notice. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information
Nearby School information provided by Onboard Informatics © 2019 Onboard informatics. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any Approved by the CarolinaMLS Board of Directors Feb. 28, 2019 43 content or material made available in connection with our website or services infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the content or material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices must be sent in writing by email to DMCAnotice@MLSGrid.com.
The DMCA requires that your notice of alleged copyright infringement include the following information: (1) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (2) description of the alleged infringing content and information sufficient to permit us to locate the content; (3) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and email address; (4) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (5) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (6) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Failure to include all of the above information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.
Today's Market Trends for Charlotte *
* All data pertains to single-family homes